Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment

ENERGY    Utility Bill Assistance

PACE’s Utility Bill Payment Assistance programs can offer up to $3,000 in electric or gas bill assistance and up to $15,000 on water bill assistance. Along with the utility credit, clients will also receive valuable information about energy conservation and practical tips on how to save energy and keep your utility bill manageable. 


What Services Are Covered?

    HEAP - Electric & Gas Bill Assistance

The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) can offer income-eligible residents of Los Angeles County a credit of up to $3,000 on their electric or gas bill. HEAP is available for people who purchase energy from the Los Angeles Department of Water & Power (LADWP), Southern California Edison (SCE), Burbank Water & Power (BWP), Glendale Water & Power (GWP), or Southern California Gas Company.

PACE’s HEAP program only serves the Los Angeles County zip codes listed in the Service Areas below. If you do not see your zip code listed, please use the State LIHEAP service provider lookup tool by clicking here.

    LIHWAP - Water Bill Assistance

The Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) is a federally- and state-funded program that offers a one-time payment of up to $15,000 to help you pay your water and/or wastewater bills. LIHWAP is a one-time assistance grant, and eligibility for services can vary depending on income, water system participation, place of residence, and other factors.

Your water or wastewater service provider must be enrolled in the program. Check here to see if your water utility provider is enrolled in LIHWAP. If they are not enrolled, please contact the California Department of Community Services at 1 (866) 675-6623.

Service Areas - HEAP & LIHWAP

Carson, Compton, El Segundo, Gardena, Glendale, Hermosa Beach, Inglewood, Lawndale, Manhattan Beach, Paramount, Redondo Beach, Santa Monica, Torrance, Burbank (91502, 91503, 91505, 91506, 91521, 91512, and 91523 only), Los Angeles (90001-3, 90006-9, 90011-15, 90017, 90020-21, 90024-25, 90027-30, 90036-39 90043-55, 90057, 90059-62, 90064, 90066-69 90071, 90077, 90079, and 90094 only)

Are You Eligible for Utility Bill Assistance?

Your household may qualify for HEAP/LIHWAP if:
  • You live within the service areas listed above.
  • You meet the income eligibility guidelines.
  • You have a current bill from a participating gas, electric, water, or wastewater service provider.
  • If you applied and were approved for the HEAP program in the last 120 days, you will automatically be approved for LIHWAP. Simply complete the LIHWAP application and provide your current water bill.
Income Eligibility Guidelines

CalWorks/TANF/AFDC (current month)

General Relief (current month)

Child Support (last 4 weeks)

SSI/SSA (current award letter/current month’s bank statement)

Pension (current month’s statement)

Wages/Paystubs (last 4 weeks)

Worker’s Compensation (last 4 weeks)

Unemployment/State Disability (last 4 weeks)

Financial Aid (current award letter)

Foster Care or Adoption (current month’s check stub)

Loans (letter from lender and CSD43B filled out)

Household Size

Monthly Income





















  • U.S. government-issued photo I.D. (applicant only)
  • Social security number or other acceptable document (applicant only)
  • Current electric bill and gas bill complete with all pages covering at least 22 service days with meter readings.
  • Proof of current monthly income for all household members, as applicable (see Types of Income). Document must show gross benefit amounts covering the past 30 days. If there is a household member 18 years old or older without income, cash income to report, any income or expense situations to clarify, you must complete the CSD43B form available here.
  • Current year’s lease agreement or section 8/HUD contract showing your current monthly rent portion, current year’s property tax statement, OR current month’s rent receipt or mortgage statement.

NOTE: Additional documents may be required.

How to Apply for HEAP or LIHWAP

Download the HEAP or LIHWAP Application, or pick up an application in person at our office address listed below.
Fill out the application. Please include ALL required documentation.
Mail in your completed application or submit it in person to:

PACE Energy – HEAP / PACE Energy – LIHWAP
1055 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 900E, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
A drop box is available to submit applications before or after office hours.
No appointment necessary.

Need more help?